If you are a teen that wants to start taking care of your skin (and particularly your face) then you need the right habits and the right routine. A skincare routine for teenagers involves proper moisturizing, deep pore cleansing, and a SPF 15 lotion for preventing early ageing of the skin. This routine, while it might seem complicated, does not require a lot of time and neither will it affect...
If you are a teen that wants to start taking care of your skin (and particularly your face) then you need the right habits and the right routine. A skincare routine for teenagers involves proper moisturizing, deep pore cleansing, and a SPF 15 lotion for preventing early ageing of the skin. This routine, while it might seem complicated, does not require a lot of time and neither will it affect your pocket money by a lot. In fact, most parents will be happy to provide all of these necessary skincare products for you.
Rules for skincare:
- Don’t pop pimples, even if you have your fingers dressed in gauze because there is a risk of pushing infected materials into your skin.
- Always choose products which are noncomedogenic and never wake makeup to bed.
- Don’t wear tight clothes – allow your skin to breathe otherwise it may cause irritation or even lead to body acne.
- Don’t touch your face unnecessarily because this can spread bacteria which can cause your skin pores to become irritated or inflamed.
- Do not leave your house without applying a minimum-level SPF lotion on your body.
Here is a skincare routine that is recommended for teenagers that are looking to keep their skin glowing and young:
- Facial cleansers: The first thing that you need to do is to ditch your bar soap and use a high-quality facial cleanser that is appropriate to your type of skin. For most teens, a gel-based facial cleanser is recommended since it takes care of visible pores and acne bursts. Gently massage the cleanser on your face in circular motion but remember, never scrub it. Use products that contain Salicylic Acid, retinoids, or compounds that contain Vitamin A.
- Facial scrubs:After the cleansing is done, it is time to remove dead sin from your face that can be done with the help of a scrub. A facial scrub will help you unclog pores, prevent shine, and take care of acne problems for good. If you are looking for natural products then yogurt, honey, and oat make an excellent facial scrub.
- Moisturizers and SPF lotions: The last and most important part of your skincare routine is to apply moisturizers and a SPF lotion (every time you leave for home). Do not think that having an oily skin exempts you from using a moisturizer. For teens, we recommend an oil-free, light moisturizer that is most appropriate to your skin type.
Taking care of your skin can be a tough task, especially if you are a teenager that is unaware of all the problems that can occur with the skin. For this reason, we have put together a short guide on what routine you need to take up for ensuring best care of your skin.